Thursday 28 March 2013

Paramore



I am a huge Paramore fan, waving my banner from London.

I probably shouldn't be saying this but I first heard of them through the release of the first Twilight movie. Yeah, I'm talking Decode. I know. But it's still an awesome song regardless of what anybody says. THANK GOD somebody had introduced me to Paramore at all. I have been a fan ever since.

I read Josh Farro's blog, which did honestly move me. But truth be told, even though it's sad, it's silly to expect that everyone will always remain the same. People change, and so do circumstances. I guess theirs did. My friend was like, 'Ugh, I hate Hayley now...' And I thought, 'Why?' It's still one person's opinion  I wasn't with the band every step of the way so I have no right to judge anyone. It's not nice to know what they had a pressured experience (see what I did there?) but I don't think it's about being wrong or right, just about being able to move on no matter how much it hurts.

I was soo sad to see Paramore part, but 'Monster' and 'Now' have proved to me that I'm pretty sure I'll like the "New Paramore"s music just as much. As always, the lyrics and Hayley's vocal abilities tug my heart strings.

I'll be screaming for Half-Noise and Novel American too! ^_^

Paramore had an upcoming show on April 5, but tickets sold out in under a minute, so there we go. Another dream crushed, ha. All I could do was listen to their albums again. I love pretty much all of the songs, but I do have my

FAVOURITES

From All We Know Is Falling; Here We Go Again, Franklin, the two-thirds of My Heart

From Riot: Crushcrushcrush, We Are Broken, Born For This

From Brand New Eyes (my favourite album): pretty much all of them, but if I HAD to choose I'd probably say Careful, Brick By Boring Brick and All I Wanted. And Feeling Sorry. And Ignorance. See what I mean? Might as well say all of them.

From the unreleased demo which is AMAZING: Adore, Hello, Just Like Me, Oh Star and Stuck On You (which I just discovered a minute ago is not only from The Summer Tic EP, and not the demo, but also a cover! Damnnn)

Can't wait for the new album.

My favourite Paramore song FULL STOP is 'Stuck On You' which CANNOT get any better in terms of Punk Rock and never gets old.

 -

Now we get to the crunch.

I was listening to Monster again, and in the second verse the words 'call me a traitor' really stuck with me. I was thinking about the whole 'We were living Hayley's dream' thing from Josh's blog, no offence if I got that slightly wrong. Well, because I was thinking about the whole Paramore split, I played the song again from the beginning and tried to decode the song with that lens. What I got was very intriguing.

Lyrics in bold, possible interpretation not-bold.

I AM PURELY SPECULATING HERE. But isn't it interesting??!!!


Cracking The Code
lyrics for Monster, by Paramore


You were my conscience, so solid, now you're like water
- The Farros. Basically. -
And we started drowning, not like we'd sink any further
- Paramore was once a unity, obviously they began to fragment and broke apart. Couldn't get any worse. -
But I let my heart go, it's somewhere down at the bottom
- The future of the old band became non-existent so Hayley 'let it go' -
But I'll get a new one and come back for the hope that you've stolen
- Thus came the 'new' Paramore and are trying again with new music -

[CHORUS]:
I'll stop the whole world, I'll stop the whole world
From turning into a monster and eating us alive
- Due to Josh Farro's controversial blog, I guess there were a lot of accusing glares turned Hayley's way from the press and fans and Goodness knows who else -
Don't you ever wonder how we survive?
- Can the band survive without the Farros? -
Well now that you're gone, the world is ours
- The Farro brothers are gone, but the new Paramore still have all their our fans. The world kinda is theirs -

I'm only human, I've got a skeleton in me
- only human, and thus, can't be perfect. -
But I'm not the villain, despite what you're always preaching.
- I guess this is a reference back to the blog. -
Call me a traitor, I'm just collecting your victims
- Now this was tricky. I get the 'traitor' part (the blog again), but could the victims be Paramore fans? -
And they're getting stronger
I hear them calling.
- Paramore fans getting impatient for a new damn ALBUM! Ya damn right we're calling! -

[CHORUS]

Well you find your strength in solution
- solution: leave band. -
But I liked the tension
And not always knowing the answers
- the tension within the band gave them stuff to write about in their music, maybe? Working stuff out together? -
But you're gonna lose it, you're gonna lose it
- Yeah... I don't know what this means. I'm taking it as a jeer. -

[CHORUS, END.]




Star.
________________________________________