Tuesday 31 December 2013

The Golden Three

Happy New Year's Eve.

All of my blogs will be updated tomorrow. ALL OF THEM.
Today is just the non-fiction ones, P Sov, Img Arc, and this one.


Look at this animated doodle that Google has?! Isn't it SO CUTE??!! =D
Look at the little '4' waiting to come on and start dancing?
DUDE, I'M SORRY - BUT LOOK AT IT.
THIS THING IS
SO CUTE.

... that '2' is gonna be around for a looooooong time.



Health Regimes.

As I said in my last post, I am making important health changes that I believe will help keep the depression at bay (I'm starting to hate that word. So overused (e_e) it's my own fault but still. What else am I supposed to call it? Well, actually I do call it Tiger Noir sometimes... long story.)

So I thought I'd just remind myself of my Golden Three.

Everyone had different things that work for them, and there's a lot of information out there. I felt I most resonated with these. I can put them into practice straight away and implement them into my life.



Brian Tracy

In this podcast (Is it a podcast? I think so), Brian Tracy goes through 9 Disciplines. The 5th Discipline is of Excellent Health Habits, where quite a lot is covered, from maintaining the perfect body to the importance of drinking 8 glasses a day. One phrase I like is Eat Less, Exercise More.

But the regime that is part of my Golden 3 from this is:

'Eliminate the Three White Poisons: Flour, Sugar and Salt'
He explains why each white poison is detrimental to your health, which I have heard before, but the way he said it was like a kick in the gut. It really made me kind of sit up and pay attention as if it was brand new to me.

The first time I ever heard this, my first step I began cutting down how much sugar I was taking in my tea, because I drink a LOT of tea. At the time, I only drank organic herbal teas so I never had milk anyway. I have now been drinking it without sugar for... maybe over a year or something? I would just as happily drink hot water. Several years ago it would've made me go 'blegh' but it's a mind over matter situation. Once I got my mind over it, it didn't matter.

There were lots of other things I had to cut out while following this though. In essence, it leaves a diet of fruit, veg, meat, unsalted nuts, dried fruits, things like that. Anyway...



James Duigan

What I love most about this book is that the information has been broken down so that it's easy to understand. It's been laid out in a way that is non-confusing, presented with colours so that you can tell things apart.

The reason I loved this is because I have a slight photographic memory. If colours are involved, it's a lot easier for me to remember things - I just remember how the content was presented on the page. So this book was easy to swallow and gave tips that I'd never come across before. It made sense, and it was in line with what I heard before from Brian Tracy and other health books I'd read.

This guy HATES sugar! And his argument is so logical that I can see why. I felt queasy about sugar too after reading it, and it got a bit easier to make sure it stayed out of my diet.



Professor Arnold Ehret

This bit gets me every time. It can only really be understood in the context of the book.
'On the outside, the man of today is carefully groomed, perhaps unnecessarily and over carefully clean, while inside he is dirtier than the dirtiest animal - whose anus is as clean as its mouth, provided said animal has not been "domesticated" by "civilised" man'
pg.3 of the Definite Cure of Chronic Constipation / by Prof Arnold Ehret [the internal uncleanliness of man]

(In truth, this makes me a bit less disgusted at my sister's cat licking its butt. Only a bit.)

'Rational Fasting' by Prof. Arnold Ehret is, I must say, one of the more... 'hardcore' regimes I have done, as for most people, it requires a radical life change. For me, not so much as much of what was in the book I was already doing.

Even then, I needed to make fundamental life changes to accommodate it, but the changes i saw in me was incredible. I mean it when I say incredible. My depression lifted, marks on my face cleared up, my singing voice became clearer and stronger, I never had cramps, the scars I've had for years began to fade, I could go on. I was so stunned that all of these things should happen at once, but I was also so overwhelmed with happiness that I was able to keep it going for so long.

I have slipped off in a bad way (This Christmas, I ate a lot of things that I wouldn't have touched last January =/ ) But now I'm starting again. That's my goal for 2014. Oh, and exercise. I am really looking forward to it.



See you on the other side!



Indigo Star. xx