Tuesday 14 January 2014

Can Legally Write Fanfiction... And Get Paid O_O


Publish Fan Fiction Stories with Kindle Worlds
Kindle Worlds is a new a place to publish fan fiction inspired by popular books, shows, movies, comics, music, and games. Now you can write in licensed worlds and earn up to a 35% royalty. Some of the current licensed Worlds include: Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars; Valiant comics including Bloodshot and ShadowmanThe Foreworld Sagaby Neal Stephenson; and worlds from renowned authors Hugh Howey, Barry Eisler, and Blake Crouch.
"I loved writing the characters in this world. I really enjoy the ongoing mysteries and surprising twists that always keep the reader guessing." --Barbara Freethy, best-selling KDP author writing in Pretty Little Liars
Start writing today! Check out the submissions portal so your stories can appear in the Amazon.com Kindle Worlds store. Stay up to date--follow the Kindle Worlds blog and Twitter @kindleworlds


______________________________



I know this is old news, but it still has me like D=

On the one hand, it's great that readers can involve themselves in the world they love and get paid for it. Heck, if I got paid for my HSM fanfics... =D

But on the other hand, I feel unsure about somebody crafting a world and then letting civilians mess about with it. Of course people do that anyway on fanfiction.net, but changing the licensing to make it OFFICIAL that the author is ALLOWING it... =/

I suppose, ultimately, as long as the author's okay with it, and as long as it's not me, then whatever. It doesn't involve me, so blah.

Thoughts?



Star xx