Friday 17 July 2020

So... My Star Sign Has Changed?

Ophiucus? Amazing 😮 ...never heard of it.

Er... why did it change though?

Well apparently, Ophiucus was always there. It was allegedly discovered by the ancient Babylonians with the other twelve signs - but it didn't fit neatly into the original twelve constellations (which coincided neatly with the twelve calendar months) so they left it out.

The dates for Ophiucus are 29 November - 17 December, which means I fall under his star sign. I think it's represented by a man (naturally) holding a snake (worse than a centaur).

Astrology has always been interesting to me. That said, I've never identified so irresolutely with being a Sagittarius that this news is devastating. I haven't made any huge life decisions solely based on astrology, or forged relationships based on horoscope compatibility. For the most part, it's just weird to not think of myself as a Sagittarius. I'll have to overwrite all of my thoughts about it, mentally ingrained over 20-odd years - Jupiter, fire-sign, centaur, my birthstone is blah, I'm compatible with blah, my personality traits are blah...

Yeah, I guess I don't care. I might still miss being a Sagittarius. 

... Ophiucus has a nice ring to it though.



Star .